Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Thank you Chicago

I had wonderful time in Chicago last Sunday and feel compelled to say thank you to the City of Chicago, to the Irish American Heritage Center and to all the people who attended the event. We had a good turnout, and the people who were there were interested and supportive. The IAHC hosted a small party afterwards where they served a wonderful luncheon and gave me an opportunity to meet with their members and talk about The Tangled Web and share some of their own stories.

Peg Reid of the Irish American Heritage Center was a gracious host and her husband, Joe, fixed the best cup of tea I've ever had.

One of the things I learned was that there is still a great deal of interest in the Chicago Outfit and their links the Chicago politics.

Stay in touch and we'll learn together about the late breaking news from the best city on the planet.

1 comment:

  1. I was there at the IAHC, and wanted to tell you what an outstanding presentation you made, though I honestly have come to expect that of you Mr. Cain. How about some news on a possible sequel? I know I may be "jumping the gun" here (no pun intended) but those of us that loved your book find that we yearn for more about Richard Cain and "his" Chicago. Any plans for a sequel, and is there any way us "local" Michael Cain fans here in Chicagoland can help?

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think - thanks.